Woodworm, Rot & Damp Report
The House Survey service from Warmwall offers a specialist woodworm, rot and damp survey to homebuyers of any style and age of property.
We can provide a full inspection of your chosen property and offer a range of damp, timber decay or woodworm treatment solutions.
If a valuation survey has identified any damp or timber problems or if your lending institution or mortgage provider feels the property is of an age when damp or timber defects could easily exist, Warmwall can help to correct these problems
Purchasing a house is the most expensive item you will buy in your lifetime and you need to protect yourself from unforeseen defects that could be very expensive to rectify once you have purchased the property.
Pre-purchase Report for Woodworm, Rot & Damp Problems
Warmwall carries out a full damp survey of the property, which will include:
- A general inspection of external defects that could cause dampness or timber decay both now & in the future.
- We will move some furniture and lift carpets in areas that we feel floor timbers could be at risk of either woodworm or wet or dry rot (with vendors permission)
- We will check internal walls for signs of dampness and then try and isolate the cause before reaching a conclusion.
- Our surveyors are trained to identify infestations by Wood boring insects, Rising Damp & Penetrating Damp, Fungal Decay (Wet or Dry Rot). We can also carry out separate surveys for Cavity Wall Ties.
- Detailed reports: We endeavour to provide detailed survey reports promptly normally within 4 working days of the survey being carried out so you can make a qualified decision on your house purchase.
- Many clients purchase properties with a view to change the structural layout i.e. remove certain walls to give greater living space we can assist in advising on any damp proofing measures that need to be taken to ensure all aspects are covered.
- Recommendations: We supply our Recommendations for the most appropriate solution to fix the problem.
- Fixed price quotation: We would normally provide a fixed price quotation to help your negotiation process.
All our work is covered by long term Guarantees, which can be passed on to new owners in the future which will assist you in the onward sale of your property.